the Importance of getting orthopedic treatment after a car accident
Have you or your loved one been injured in a car accident? Broken bones, torn muscles and ligaments, and other orthopedic injuries are very painful. You need to find the best orthopedic treatment in West Hempstead to help you rehabilitate post-accident. Perhaps you have a family physician or were treated at the emergency room after your accident. Your care should not end there. You need specialized treatment to care for these injuries. Additionally, without specialized treatment, you face a likelihood of developing debilitating diseases that could cause you a lifetime of pain.
Why Do I Need to See an Orthopedic Treatment After A Car Accident?
Car accidents cause serious medical issues, so seeking help for orthopedic therapy after a car accident is crucial if you have injuries.
- A few of the injuries most commonly treated by an orthopedic specialist after a car wreck are as follows:
- Broken hip (from crash impact)
- Broken or fractured hands/fingers (from trying to protect the face)
- Broken or fractured clavicle or ribs (from airbag deployment or seat restraint)
- Shoulder impingements (from crash impact or seat restraint)
- Torn MCL / Torn ACL (from the twisting motion during collision)
- Disc herniation
Degenerative Diseases That Can Be Triggered by a Car Accident
Not only will our orthopedic professionals will treat your immediate injuries, but they will also be able to help you fend off degenerative diseases the can result from car accident injuries.
Once in a while, the underlying wounds are the start of a descending winding. In the event that you neglect to look for treatment, your body will presumably not completely recoup. The result of this can be degenerative diseases. These are diseases that begin with a twinge but worsen over time and can be totally debilitating.
Some degenerative diseases that orthopedic treatments can help avoid in an injured body are:
- Arthritis: A disease that causes joint pain ranging from mild to excruciating.
- Spinal stenosis: This occurs when the channel through the middle of your vertebrae narrows. It’s often the result of a traumatic injury. Once the channel becomes too narrow, it begins to affect your nervous system. It’s a dangerous condition and very painful as it progresses.
- Sciatica: This condition is caused by a pinching of the sciatic nerve which runs from your lumbar back to both feet. The pain ranges from mild to throbbing, depending on the severity.
- Hip bursitis: This is painful inflammation of the bursae, which are the “shocks” of your hips. Pain is often described as unbearable in advanced stages.
- Infections (after fractures): When a bone is broken so that it pokes out the skin, there’s a risk of infection developing. If not treated promptly, these infections can cause additional complications.
- Tendonitis: Tendons run throughout your body connecting bones to muscles. When the tendons become irritated or inflamed, it can range from discomfort to very painful depending on the individual case.
While an auto collision isn’t generally the reason for these infirmities, wounds can trigger them. From that point, your condition will keep on gradually decay. Looking for prompt consideration after your damage is the best counteractive action.