What Are the Symptoms of Neurological Injury?
There are many symptoms of a neurological injury, and each of these should be treated with equal gravity. After a car accident, do not assume that the symptoms will get better when you go home. The impact of a vehicle accident is stronger than you think, and you must seek care immediately.
Here are a some of the more common symptoms:
- Inability to comprehend or retain information, forgetfulness
- Feeling extremely irritated or anxious
- Ringing of the ears or hearing a humming noise
- Hypersensitivity to light
- Feeling dizzy, faint, or “spaced out”
- Bouts of nausea or vomiting
- Stiff, sore, or tender muscles—especially in the neck or back
- Tingling, numb, or stinging sensations in the arms, fingers, legs or toes
- No feeling in the arms, fingers, legs, or toes
- Slurred or hard to understand speech patterns
Did you refuse treatment and go home after your accident? If you’re now feeling any of these symptoms, they are indicators of a serious neurological issue and require immediate care.